Finance For Non-Financials
The course gives a thorough grounding in organizational finance. It shows how to interpret key financial statements highlighting the questions and areas that matter. What do the key line items really mean? How do the accounts link together? What are the key ratios? How could the statements be used in investment and credit analysis? How to understand key performance indicators to drive profitability?
- Upon a successful completion of this course, participants should be able to
- Define key accounting concepts and understand key financial statements and how to use them.
- Identify specific tools for analyzing and benchmarking financial information.
- Explain the concept of budgeting and analyze budget needs of a business unit.
- Recognize the principles of financial management.
- Communicate on equal terms with financial professionals.
Non-Finance employees who want to enhance financial understanding to
improve managerial skills.
Al Tafaouq training methodology is built around a combination of lectures, exercises, discussions, self-reflection, role-plays, videos and case studies.
We follow the strategy of continues evaluation throughout the program. The trainer will evaluate participants’ level of engagement and willingness to learn through individual and group activities. In addition to that we conduct pre and post assessment to assess the level on knowledge gained. At the end of the program we prepare a report that highlight the results from assessments, commitment and attendance level, engagement level, and comments about each participant. Participant is required to attend minimum of 80% of program time in order to receive the certificate.
Introduction to Company Financial Statements
• Purpose of financial statements.
• The Balance sheet equation.
• Income statements & Cash flow statements.
• Statement of retained earnings
• Financial statements: loans, investments, deposits, non-deposit funding, equity and capital.
Analizing Finance Information
• Understanding the relationship between main financial statements
• Profitability vs. Liquidity
• Debt and leverage analysis
• Activity Analysis (efficiency analysis)
• Cash flow analysis
• Using financial ratios, concluding remarks
Budget Preparation & Control
• The Master Budget
1 Operational Budget (OPEX)
2 Capital Budgeting (CAPEX)
• Net Present Value, Profitability Index, IRR, and Payback Period making capital investment decisions
Fundamentals of Financial Management
• Risk and Return
• Market value vs. book value
• Cost of capital and long-term financial policy
1. Cost of capital
2. Raising capital
3. Financial Leverage and Capital structure policy
4. Dividends and dividend policy
• Portfolio Acquisition Strategy Inclusive of Valuation of Acquisition Targets
• Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
1. Objectives, Introduction, and Concepts
2. Review of Risks
Practices / Methodologies
- Lectures 4
- Course Code TQ-009
- Date 2017-10-22
- Location Abu Dhabi
- Duration 18 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Max Participants 15