Mental Toughness – MTQPlus Licensed User Workshop
Mental Toughness is a personality trait which is a breakthrough development in understanding how people and organisations respond to pressure, opportunity and challenge. It describes why we behave the way we do. It can account for up to 25% of the variation in an individual’s performance.
The MTQPlus is the advanced form of the world’s first valid and reliable psychometric questionnaire – the MTQ48 – measuring Mental Toughness. Both are designed to be extremely accessible to users of all types. The program covers both formats.
Objectives of the Programme
On completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand Mental Toughness and its implication for performance, behaviour & wellbeing
- Be confident about using MTQ with individuals and organisations and in handling feedback
- Understand its range of applications – in individual, organisational development & coaching
- Understand how Mental Toughness can help individuals deal with stress, pressure and challenge
- Be able to use the measure demonstrate evidence-based practice and show ROI
For all involved in individual and organisational development, Coaches, Trainers and Line Managers
What can I expect from the workshop?
The programme is:
- Effective – delegates will be able to use the concepts to their full almost immediately
- An introduction to genuine thought leadership
- Highly participative – delegates learn by doing
- Supported by comprehensive workbooks and on-line support from the test publisher.
- Personally beneficial – all participants complete MTQPlus in preparation for the programme
Ultimately, you will be equipped with knowledge and skills to optimise your own performance, behaviours, wellbeing and aspirations and to work with others to do the same for them.
Delegates receive a certificate from AQR and are licensed to use the measure and purchase MTQPlus and MTQ48. The measure itself is very cost effective, with a simple volume related pricing structure.
*This workshop will also be held in Dubai on 22-23 April 2018
Introduction to Mental Toughness
- Its origins
- Understanding the concept, Mental Sensitivity and not Mental Weakness
- Its important … for Performance, wellbeing, positive behaviour and aspirations.
The Mental Toughness concept – the 4 Cs and the 8 Factors
The evidence, academic and practical and relationship with other concepts
- Independent evidence for the Mental Toughness model
- Current Thinking – Relationship with other Concepts – Mindset, Positive Psychology,
- Psychometric Measures and how to use them properly
Feedback, Applications and Development
- Understanding the scales and reports and handling feedback
- Individual Development through Training and/or Coaching
- Developing Performance and Aspirations
- Stress Management – dealing with anxiety and pressure
- Talent Managemt, Development Centres, Coaching, Soft Skills Programs
- Using the MTQ measures (supported with an on-line training program)
Developing Mental Toughness
- The 6 core approaches
- The role of experiential learning
- The fundamental need for self-awareness and reflection
- Self-awareness for coaches, trainers and managers and their impact on others.
- A toolkit of exercises
- Assessing and Evaluating impact of development.
Mental Toughness – Case Studies and Research
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Emotional Intelligence and Intelligent Emotions
- Leadership Style and Behaviour (including the Dark Triad)
- The relationship with the Big 5 Personality framework
- Lectures 0
- Course Code TQE23
- Location In-House
- Language English
- Students 0
- Max Participants 15